Updated Skin Care Routine
Posted on February 27 2017
I have people ask me a ton about what I do to my skin to keep it from drying out and looking dull. I have never been to a dermatologist so the products I use are over the counter and pretty inexpensive. Well some.
This routine works for me and my skin type, which is normal to dry with a little oil in my T-zone. Depending on Mother Nature. Here is what I use every night and morning and a couple tips and tricks on keeping your skin happy and healthy!
-When you wear make-up all day the germs and bacteria clog your pores and thats what breaks your face out. Which means DO NOT GO TO BED WITH YOUR MAKEUP ON! Its gross and it aging your skin!
–Clean your makeup brushes! Again, all the bacteria from your makeup brushes transfers onto your face when you go a week or 2 without really washing your brushes!
–Wash your pillow covers every week and change out pillows every month! Again bacteria loves to transfer back and forth! CLEAN EVERYTHING! I use the Down Lite Bedding pillows from Laura Ashley bedding! Use code: lasale15 for 15% off your order! They are so soft and comfy!
-Buy the sample packs of skin cares before you buy the actual size one. You never know how your skin will react and you don’t want to spend $60 on a fashion wash that is going to break you out! I’ve linked two sample packs of the skin care I use!
What I Use/Do: At Night
- With a dry face and dry hands take the Tatcha PURE oil to melt away your makeup and to really get into your pores. Massage your face with the oil for about 10 seconds and wash your face with warm water!
- Then take the Tatcha Polished Rice Powder with a wet face and wet hands and gently massage your face for 30 seconds! I usually take about 2 little pumps of this stuff! It doesn’t exfoliate your skin but it sure does make it soft!
- I then take the Kiehls Pure Vitality Skin Renewing Cream all over my face. I’m not crazy about the smell of the creme itself but it will work wonders!
- For extra moister I put some Tarte Drink of H2O creme over that! It feels so cold and refreshing and it smells so good!
- Last I spray my face my face with the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist! This stuff is incredible! It keeps my skin happy and moist (I hate that word) but it does! You only need about 2 sprays of this stuff. The full bottle is hella expensive!
On days where my skin is so dry and I just need some extra extra moister I wear face masks! I get my favorites at Ultra and they are around $5! I also use the Tacha one linked below for after flying for hours! Its a $25 mask but worth it!
What I Use / Do: in The Morning:
While you sleep your skin actually sweats and holds moister. You may think that you have nothing in your pores but you’re wrong!
- All I do in the morning is take the Tacha Rice Powder and scrub my face!
- Then I take a dry towel and pat my face and spray it with the Tacha Drewy skin mist.
Also I apply a small amount of SPF to keep my skin from burning and aging from the sun!
And thats all.
Like I said before this is what works for my skin! I have an oily T-zone and dry to normal on the rest of my face! These products have worked for many skin types according to research! I’ve listed some “sample packs” that are half the price of the full size products. Order those first and if you love it then you can invest in the actual size product!